Chelsea v Manchester United ended 1-1 at Stamford Bridge

PL WRAP UP: WEEK 13 - Chelsea’s crucial draw gives the top 4 a fighting chance

This week did not disappoint again as Arsenal kicked off game week 13 with a 2-0 home win against Newcastle.

After a quiet first half at the Emirates Stadium, Saka opened the scoreboard in the 56th minute to pull Arsenal ahead. Despite attempts from Howe’s side to equalise, it wasn’t enough as the Gunners double their lead in just 10 minutes, 2 minutes after goal scorer Martinelli was subbed on. The game ended with Arsenal winning an important 3 points to keep them at 5th, levelled with West Ham, while Newcastle remain bottom, still awaiting their first league win of the season.

Liverpool eased to a crucial 4-0 win against Southampton at Anfield. After just 97 seconds, Jota put the Reds ahead with the fastest goal of the season yet, and he later doubled their lead with a brace. Thiago snagged another goal late into the first half and Liverpool went into halftime with a comfortable 3-0 lead. 

Seven minutes after the break, Van Dijk scored a first time-half-volley against his former club to secure Klopp’s side a massive 4-0 win. Liverpool remain at third with two points behind leaders Chelsea, while Southampton drop to 14th.

A brace from Leicester’s leading goalscorer allowed them to secure a thrilling 4-2 win against Watford at King Power Stadium. An early goal from Maddison put Leicester in the lead, but Watford’s King levelled the scoreboard with a penalty after a foul from Ndidi. But the Foxes had nothing to worry about as Vardy struck two goals shortly after, putting Leicester ahead going into halftime.

A goal in the second half from Watford’s Dennis allowed Ranieri’s side to close the gap against his former club, but it wasn’t enough as Lookman scored his first Premier League goal for the Foxes seven minutes after, ending the game 4-2 to Rogers’ side. The win takes Leicester up to 10th, while Watford remain at 16th.

Manchester City secured a 2-1 win against West Ham at the Etihad Stadium.

After a goalless 30 minutes, Manchester City broke the deadlock in the 33rd minute after a goal from Gundogan, and Pep’s side entered halftime one goal up. With West Ham’s attempts to equalise in the second half, it wasn’t enough as substitute Fernandino doubled City’s lead in the 90th minute, his first Premier League goal since 2018. Lanzini tried to pull one back for the Hammers, but the game ended 2-1 to City. Pep’s side remain at second but manage to close the gap behind leaders Chelsea, just one point behind top spot, while West Ham stay fourth.

The match of the week ended in a 1-1 draw as the game saw Chelsea and Manchester United leave Stamford Bridge with a point each. Manchester United put on a tough fight during Carrick’s first game as the club’s interim manager, with Sancho opening the scoreboard in the second half with his first Premier League goal. But a penalty from Jorginho after a mistake from Wan-Bisssaka saw Chelsea level the game. The draw meant both teams lose crucial points, with Chelsea still at the top but only a point ahead of second place Manchester City, while Manchester United stay 8th.

Other results:

Aston Villa v Crystal Palace - 2-1

Norwich v Wolves - 0-0

Brighton v Leeds - 0-0

Brentford v Everton - 1-0

Burnley v Spurs - Postponed

Want to rep this week’s ballers? Head over to to cop your Vardy tee, and many more!